[LiveJournal Advisory Board] is a new group which will oversee issues relating to privacy, user policy and security. It will be independent of the LiveJournal, Inc. management team and will be able to represent users on specific issues. It will include two members from the LiveJournal community who will be elected by the users.For more information on the Advisory Board, please read these posts:
- About LiveJournal Advisory Board.
- Current LiveJournal, Inc. Advisory Board Members and Mandate.
- About the Advisory Board Election and Its Process.
ljvotes was created to open dialogue with the candidates for the LiveJournal User-Representative in the English-speaking election in hope that LiveJournal users will learn more about the candidates and be able to make an informed decision. As such, ljvotes is planning on sending all candidates an e-mail with the following questions - and posting their answers - to learn more about their motives and plans for this election:
- Why did you decide to run for LiveJournal User-Representative?
- In which way do you think you are qualified for the position?
- What are your expectations for the LiveJournal User-Representative election?
- What is your current strategy?
- If elected, what are your hopes for the position and for the Advisory Board? What do you think being a LiveJournal User-Representative and on an Advisory Board entails?
- When LiveJournal announced the discontinuation of Basic accounts - no new Basic account can be created - they were criticized by LiveJournal users for not consulting the current members of the Advisory Board. What do you think of this event? And did it affect how you view the Advisory Board and the LiveJournal User-Representative positions?
- What are your thoughts on privacy and security on the Internet?
- What are some new features you would like to see LiveJournal developing?
- What are some improvements you would like to see LiveJournal have?
- And lastly, can you tell me a little bit about yourself?